25 September, 2022
Crispy Baked Chicken WingsPosted in : Appetizers, Chicken on by : asclavijo Tags: chicken, wings
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Servings: 8 Servings
- 4 lb chicken wings halved at joints, wingtips discarded
- 2 Tbsp baking powder aluminum free
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 c Franks Wings Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 c barbeque sauce
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- siracha hot sauce optional, to taste
- Adjust your oven rack to the upper-middle position. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack (I use a cooling rack) on top. Spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Use paper towels to pat the wings dry and place them in a large bowl. It's important to dry them REALLY well!
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder in a small bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the wings, tossing to evenly coat.
- Arrange wings, skin side up, in single layer on prepared wire rack.
- Bake on the upper middle oven rack, turning every 20 minutes until wings are crispy and browned. The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take up to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer wings to bowl and toss with sauce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat stir together all sauce ingredients. Mix well until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before adding to wings (or prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate).
Honey BBQ Sauce
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour most of the warm honey BBQ sauce on top (reserve a little extra for dipping) and gently toss to coat.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 563mg | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1.7mg