14 August, 2021
Comments : 2 Posted in : Side Dishes on by : asclavijo Tags: potato, potatoes
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes about 2 inches in diameter
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- Place a rack in lowest position in oven and preheat to 425°. Halve 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes crosswise.
- Arrange potatoes, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, spacing evenly apart. Pour in 1½–2 cups water (it needs to cover baking sheet in a thin layer).
- Cover baking sheet with a double layer of foil, crimping sides very tightly to seal well. Doing this will trap in steam and prevent water from dribbling out if you tip the sheet.
- Bake potatoes until a fork or skewer slides easily through potatoes, 25–30 minutes. The foil will be puffed, but poke through and feel around for a potato to test. Try testing a couple to gauge doneness.
- Let potatoes cool about 5 minutes. Crank up oven temperature to 500° (or as high as your oven goes). Use tongs to lift up foil at 1 corner, peeling it back only about 1". Tip open corner into the sink and pour off water.
- Remove foil and drizzle ¼ cup oil over potatoes; season generously with salt and pepper. Let potatoes cool to the point you can handle them, then toss with your hands to coat completely. Arrange cut side down again.
- Roast potatoes until tops are golden, bottoms are deeply browned and crisp, and oil around edges is sizzling and, 20–25 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool slightly, then use a spatula to unstick them from baking sheet.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 955mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg