31 May, 2021
Posted in : Appetizers, Main Dish, Salads, Seafood, Side Dishes on by : asclavijo Tags: ceviche, fish, shrimp
Servings: 4 people
- 1/3 c Oranges fresh squeezed
- 3 Limes fresh squeezed
- 1/4 c Lemon fresh squeezed
- 1 pound shrimp Or fresh skinless snapper, bass, halibut, or other ocean fish fillets, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 med red onion chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 med tomatoes about 1 pound, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil optional
- 1 large avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- Chips tortilla chips or saltine crackers, for serving
- About 60 minutes before serving, chop shrimp/fish. Add juices, cover and refrigerate. Stirring about every 30 minutes the fish/shrimp no longer looks raw when broken open.
- NOTE: Can be prepped ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.In a 1 1/2-quart glass or stainless steel bowl, mix together the veggies: onion, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, cilantro, and optional olive oil.
- When ready to serve, combine veggies and shrimp/juice mixture.
- Season with salt, usually about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Optional: add cayenne pepper and a couple dashes of chili powder
Sodium: 891mg | Calcium: 203mg | Vitamin C: 145mg | Vitamin A: 1446IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 747mg | Cholesterol: 286mg | Calories: 284kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 13g | Protein: 26g | Carbohydrates: 19g | Iron: 3mg