27 December, 2020
Posted in : Breakfast, Desserts on by : asclavijo
Danish pancakes *note: 50 aebleskivers is a double batch for a big group*
Servings: 50 plain
- Aebleskiver pan
- 2 1/2 cup milk scalded
- 4 cup flour
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 tsp cardamom optional
- 50 tsp Nutella 1 tsp per aebleskiver
- Dissolve yeast & sugar in small amount of lukewarm milk. Add butter, flour, salt & optional cardamom. Add beaten eggs. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Cover. Let rise 1 hour, stirring down once.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the bottom of each aebleskiver pan cup with melted butter and heat until hot. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup. As soon as they get bubbly around the edge, flip them over (In Denmark they typically use a knitting needle to flip, but you can use a chopstick, toothpick or a fork). Continue cooking, turning the ball until is is golden brown all the way around and is cooked through (like a pancake). It might take a couple tries to get the feel for it, but once you do you will be flippin' aebleskiver like it's nobody's business!
- Serve with jam or syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Filled aebleskivers: Examples include prune, apple or apricot filling, raspberry jam, nutella and more
- Partially fill pan cups with batter. Drop about a teaspoon of filling into the middle. Fill remaining cup with batter. Bake until the edges are bubbly. Turn (using a fork, knitting needle, or toothpick) and continue turning until evenly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Serving: 1g | Sodium: 155mg | Calcium: 23mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 48IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 52mg | Cholesterol: 12mg | Calories: 87kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 2g | Carbohydrates: 13g | Iron: 1mg