25 December, 2020
Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Sourdough Bread
Posted in : Breads on by : asclavijo Tags: Baileys Irish Cream, bread, chocolate chips, sourdough
Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Sourdough Bread
- 50 g Active sourdough starter
- 375 g warm water
- 500 g bread flour
- 10 g sea salt
- 175 g Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chips Note: any flavor chips can be used as a substitute.
- Whisk starter and water. Add flour and salt to form a shaggy dough. Let dough rest 30 minutes
- Add 175 gm Bailey's Irish cream chocolate chips. Knead about 1 minute to incorporate. Cover and rest at room temp. Complete 2 sets of stretch and folds 45 minutes apart. Cover and let proof at room temperature about 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl onto floured surface. Rest 15 minutes. Form into desired shape, boule or batard. Place into lined and floured banneton -OR- bowl lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate covered for 10-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450. Remove loaf and place in baking vessel. Score top as desired and bake covered for 35 minutes. Uncover, bake another 15-20 minutes. Bake until internal temperature reaches at least 205 degrees. Remove from oven. Cool completely.