16 January, 2017
BBQ Flank Steak
Posted in : Beef, Main Dish on by : asclavijo
BBQ Flank Steak
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp mustard, dry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 flank steaks
- Whisk together first 8 ingredients in bowl to make basting sauce
- Place flank steaks in shallow pan (flank steaks are best if they are tenderized first). I use a Ziploc bag!
- Pour sauce over steaks - cover well.
- Remove steaks from basting sauce and sear over HOT grill for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Baste with additional sauce as desired. (I boil the leftover sauce for 1 minute, then pour over cooked flank steaks).
- When the steak has cooked to the preferred level of doneness, remove from the grill and place on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil to hold in the heat while the steak rests for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Note: cut the steak across the grain of the meat, at a steep diagonal, so that the slices are wide.
How do you know when the steak is done? One way to tell is to poke it with your fingertips. While the steak is still raw, test it with your fingers; it will be quite squishy. That's what a very rare steak feels like. Touch the tip of your nose and that's what a very well done steak feels like. Otherwise use a good meat thermometer. Pull the steak off the grill at 125 to 130°F for rare, 140°F for medium rare, and 150°F for medium.
Sodium: 572mg | Calcium: 33mg | Vitamin C: 6mg | Vitamin A: 2IU | Sugar: 10g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 316mg | Cholesterol: 45mg | Calories: 199kcal | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 11g | Iron: 2mg