27 February, 2017
Raspberry & Blueberry Muffins
Posted in : Breads, Breakfast on by : asclavijo
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
OPTIONAL: Crumb topping *included in nutrition information*
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I typically sprinkle a little cinnamon & sugar over the top instead of using the topping recipe here. I also make a double batch and split it - using raspberries in 1 and blueberries in the other! These are great to freeze for those kids and adults 'on the go'!
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg