2 December, 2018
Cinnamon Rolls – Caramel Pecan Sticky Rolls
Posted in : Breads, Breakfast on by : asclavijo
Cinnamon Rolls - Caramel-Pecan Sticky Rolls
Servings: 12 Servings
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages regular or quick active dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F )
- 1/3 cup stick margarine softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or raisins if desired
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the salt and yeast in large bowl. Add warm milk, 1/3 cup margarine and the egg. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scaping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scaping bowl frequently. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hour 30 minutes or until double. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Punch down dough. Flatten with hands or rolling pin into rectangle, 15x10 inches, on lightly floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons margarine. Mix pecans, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over margarine. Roll rectangle up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape until even. Cut roll into fifteen 1-inch slices. Place slightly apart in pan. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until double.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Sodium: 295mg | Calcium: 44mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 387IU | Sugar: 11g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 105mg | Cholesterol: 14mg | Calories: 278kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 11g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 40g | Iron: 2mg