31 January, 2017
Fresh Tomato Sauce – Cooked version (Spaghetti)
Posted in : Main Dish, Pasta, Slow Cooker Recipe on by : asclavijo
Fresh Tomato Sauce (Spaghetti)
Servings: 4 Servings
Saute in 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup onion diced
- 6-8 portabello mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic minced
Add and simmer
- 3 cans whole plum tomatoes crushed 14.5 oz cans
- 1/2 cup beef broth or reserved meatball pan drippings
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
Serve over pasta garnished with fresh parsley
- Saute onions & mushrooms in olive oil over med-high heat in large pan until translucent, about 4 minutes
- Stir in garlic. Cook just until you smell it, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, pan drippings, parsley, sugar, pepper flakes, and salt. Simmer 15 minutes. Start boiling water for pasta.
- Add cooked meatballs to the sauce & simmer uncovered for 10 minutes to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Stir in the cooked pasta & toss to coat
- Garnish pasta & meatballs with grated parmesan cheese
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 1523mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1444IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 5mg