16 January, 2017
Andi’s Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Posted in : Casseroles, Chicken, Main Dish on by : asclavijo
This is a favorite ‘go to’ recipe – especially when having company! I typically use 6-8 10″ flour tortillas for this recipe.
Rice variations: You can simply cook the rice as directed and place it in the 9×13 pan. For added flavor I have done a few different things including:
- pour about 1c (or more) of salsa over rice and smooth over top
- make cilantro-lime rice by adding 1/4 c lime juice and 1/2 c cilantro
- add a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture and smooth over top of rice
- smooth your favorite enchilada sauce over the rice
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Servings: 8 servings
- 3-4 lb chicken
- 1 can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can low-fat cream mushroom soup
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 6 10" flour tortillas
- 2 cup rice cooked
- Cook chicken; remove from bone & shred into pieces.
- In large bowl combine soups, sour cream, onion, green chilies, spices & cheese. Stir chicken into mixture.
- Place cooked rice in bottom of 9x13 pan. See above for rice variations
- Place on each tortilla & roll up, arranging on the bed of rice.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 1c salsa
- fresh cilantro
- chopped jalapeno
Serving: 0.5Enchilada | Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 842mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 276mg | Iron: 3mg