4 June, 2017
Carne Con Papas (Cuban beef stew with potatoes)
Posted in : Beef, Main Dish on by : asclavijo Tags: Carne Con Papas
Carne Con Papas (Cuban beef stew with poatoes)
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless stew beef bottom round / cut into 2" squares
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 lg green pepper chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cup wine dry white
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives pimento-stuffed
- 2 lg potatoes chopped into 1x1"
- 6-8 servings white rice or cauliflower rice *not included in nutrition information*
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and saute the beef over medium-high heat. Until meat is lightly browned. Turn frequently to brown all sides.
- Add the potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, onion, garlic, green pepper, and bay leaf. Mix well and cook till onions are translucent.. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, and water. Bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat and simmer over low heat until meat is tender, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. *Alternate cooking method: Pressure cook for about 1 hour.
- Add the stuffed olives. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Serve over white rice or cauliflower rice
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 366IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 4mg