20 September, 2017
Santa Fe Chicken – Crock Pot Recipe
Posted in : Chicken, Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipe, Soups, Soups on by : asclavijo Tags: chicken, crock pot
Slow cooked shredded chicken with corn, tomatoes and black beans. This can be prepped the night before and turn the crock pot on in the morning for an easy meal for busy families.
Serve over romaine for a healthy and light meal. Serve over rice or in a bowl with nachos on the side. Don’t forget the toppings. Chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free yogurt or sour cream and reduced fat cheddar are my favorites!
Santa Fe Chicken - Crock Pot Recipe
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped fresh
- 1 14 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over salad, rice or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg