15 January, 2017
No Bake Energy Bites
Posted in : Snacks on by : asclavijo
No-Bake Energy Bites
Healthy no-bake snack and good for you! I store them in the freezer because I think they taste better frozen and they'll keep longer.
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1/2 c ground flax seed
- 1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/8 c honey just enough to stick together
- 1 t vanilla
- Combine oats, chocolate chips, flax seed, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; form into balls using your hands.
- Arrange energy bites on a baking sheet and freeze until set, about 1 hour.
This recipe is versatile - some have been known to add chia seeds, hemp seeds and/or even wheat germ! 2/22/17 I made this recipe and used about 1/4c ground flax and 1/4 c hemp seeds and about 1T of wheat germ. Add just enough honey - it's the glue that will hold it together!
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg